ASCU2 Gen. 4+ for Gearbox V.2
The newest version of ASCU2 gen. 4+ features improved software that protects the unit from damage caused by usage of damaged or low-quality battery packs.
ASCU is a two-piece electronic module (command unit and sensor unit), which once installed in airsoft replicas significantly improves their operation. A traditional connector circuit was replaced with a sensor unit that monitors current location of the sector gear, fire mode selector and trigger. Collected information is transmitted to the command unit - there the software in the CPU analyzes them and controls the motor of the replica via the active MOSFET brake.
ASCU improves gearbox V.2 operation and causes the replica to match the most expensive and complicated PTW replicas.
ASCU oversees the replica’s operation no matter the speed with which the trigger was squeezed and it is responsible for completing a full cycle of the piston’s operation, both in semi-auto and full-auto modes. After each shot the piston stops in its starting position.
ASCU features a Low Drain Protection system specially designed to protect lithium-ion batteries (LiPo) from damage.
ASCU stops the replica’s firing cycle in case of any problems, thus protecting the internal elements from further damage.
The sensor unit monitors the operation of the sector gear and thanks to that the whole system is capable of completing full cycles of the gearbox operation (a BB will never remain in the barrel when the magazine has been pulled and the spring will never be strained when the replica is idle).
- ASCU unit is adapted for operation with new sensors that will prevent firing shots when the magazine is empty or, when using an “M” type replica, they will force the usage of the bolt release button after insertion of a new magazine.
- The unit expedites the reaction of the trigger in an AEG replica, which in comparison to ordinary unit, is practically instantaneous.
- It prevents accidental, double shots: when the trigger’s consecutive squeeze is faster than human reaction - each squeeze amounts to one shot.
- Easy-to-install unit replaces connectors and anti-reversal latch in any V2 gearbox, whose elimination completely reduces the jamming of the piston. Furthermore, it guarantees that a replica will complete a full cycle every time (the spring will remain in loose state).
- ASCU controls the charge level of a battery and does not allow its over-discharge, which is very important when utilizing lithium batteries (LiPo, LiIon, LiFe).
- The module detects issues and malfunctions by emitting a sound and vibrations as well as cutting off the power source, thus preventing further damage in a GB.
- In replicas equipped with operational bolt-catch mechanism, by cooperating with dedicated Hop-Up chamber, the unit eliminates empty shots, which means it is impossible to fire a shot when the magazine is not feeding BBs.
- ASCU significantly prolongs battery lifetime.
- It provides more possibilities than Systema Revolution or PTW at a significantly lower cost of installation and allows to make use of a wide array of spare parts available for standard V2 and V3 gearboxes.
- Easy programming of fire modes in following configurations:
Safe + Semi + 3 Rnd Burst + Full Auto
Safe + Semi + Full Auto
Safe + Semi + 3 Rnd Burst
Safe + Semi Only
- Compatible with every standard Gearbox V2 skeleton
- The product has a 36-month warranty only when installed by an authorized service.
What changes were introduced in the newest Gen.4+ version?
In the case of the new module, functions and parameters are similar to that of the previous model, however the new ASCU unit is stored entirely in the Gearbox. As a result, no additional wiring and space in a replica a necessary. Furthermore:
1. New transistors that provide 16 times less resistance than previous models, which results in even faster trigger reaction, better operation of active break as well as less amount of heat emitted
2. New, very powerful micro-contactor
3. New, reinforced build of the entire unit with polymer casing
4. Improved protection from short circuiting
5. Much easier installation
6. Updated software that simplifies programming
7. Improved, dedicated cut-off lever
8. Improved, dedicated selector plate
9. Compatible with all standard and reinforced v.2 gearboxes.
10. 3 years of warranty from the manufacturer!
11,1V or 12V Battery is recommended!
7,4V to 8,4V Battery to be used only with M90 up to M100 springs.
The use of high quality motor with ASCU2 gen.4+ is highly recommended.
The use of high quality battery with ASCU2 gen.4+ is highly recommended.
ASCU unit has CE certificate and adheres to the RoHS directive.