“Otul” Quilt 2018
When sleeping in a hammock, a traditional sleeping bag is largely compressed, which reduces its effectiveness as isolation at the bottom and on the sides. This is particularly problematic in the Autumn-Winter-Spring season when even good quality mats do not guarantee adequate protection from cold. Otul (eng. Wraparound) quilt creates around the hammock a very efficient layer of heated air, the night’s rest becomes more peaceful and comfortable. Completely eliminates the need for use of traditional mats or self-pumping ones.
Otul is the lightest, full-sized, synthetic hammock quilt available on the market in its temperature class. It has a rectangular shape with 200 × 135 cm dimensions and weights 780 g. It provides comfort in temperatures ranging from -7 to +10°C.
Three elements factor into OTUL quilt’s effectiveness:
- light, durable and quick-drying outer fabric - polyamide in micro ripstop weave The very same fabric is used for jackets and sleeping bags of Polish special forces units GROM and FORMOZA
- excellent isolation layer - CLIMASHIELD Apex 4.0, the most efficient synthetic insulation in the world, which is used by, among others, Arcteryx, The North Face or Tilak. Light, springy, mechanically durable and, most importantly, hydrophobic - does not absorb water!
- minimalistic, universal project - Otul is a multifunctional product and very easy to use. The simplicity of usage, intuitive assembly and adjustment without needless accessories.
Otul is compatible with every type of hammock. The assembly and adjustment of the quilt will last literally 1.5 minute - the degree of isolation can be adjusted already lying in the hammock due to the available stopper. No need to leave the sleeping bag and hammock in order to adjust the quilt.
Otul has belts sewn in at the quarter of its length, which can be used to clip the quilt from the top - this way the isolation layer protects over 85% of the hammocks circumference. Due to the hydrophobic insulation Climashield Apex, Otul stops wind, cold and moisture.
Tunnels with drawstrings on top and at the bottom of the quilt carefully safeguard against “pouring in” of cold air and create a so-called footbox / shoulderbox - a three-dimensional area that envelops shoulders and feet, places especially vulnerable to chill. Four-compartment structure of the quilt guarantees a constant, always maximal “loft”, i.e. fluffiness of the insulation.
The 2018 model has seen a change to the details that make the usage and its versatility even easier:
- redesigned adjustment system
- easier suspension adjustment - operated with only one hand tension lock tensioners
- 4 S type mini carabiners
- top quilt and camping coat functions
Otul is not only a hammock quilt - appropriately placed belts allow for its deployment in the form of a cloak. This function is especially useful during a halt, food break or other stationary activities. Awaiting the morning coffee or admiring a sundown in the mountains will no longer be associated with a penetrating cold!
The set includes:
- suspension system
- 4 S type mini carabiners